and how we use and disclose this information.
website, and applications (collectively, the "Services"). By using our Services, you signify
revisions will be effective thirty days after their posting.
What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual ("Personal Information"). We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it through our
Services, or when you provide it to us through other means. For example, we may collect
Personal Information when you:
- Contact us through email, telephone, mail; or other correspondence;
- Register for or request a service we provide or which we make available to you through our Services;
- Create an account on the services, which may include your name, address, email, phone number,
date of birth, location, business, occupation, budget, photo, payment information, and government ID;
- Register or associate an account on our Services using Google, LinkedIn, or other third party accounts
- Fill out questionnaires or surveys found on our Services or which are sent to you;
- Submit information about your qualifications, credentials, skills, or expertise;
- Allow us access to your calendar or address book;
- Submit searches through our Services;
- Register to receive our newsletter.
The Personal Information we may collect will depend on the service you request, and may include:
- your full name;
- contact information, such as your address, telephone number, or email address;
- your business contact information;
- your date of birth;
- your photo;
- your payment and banking information, including credit card information and billing address;
- government identification information;
- information about your education, skills, credentials, qualifications;
- information about your occupation;
- information about your business;
- information about the commercial real estate you lease;
- information about your desired commercial real estate;
- your personal or business contacts;
- your preferences;
- your location;
- and any other Personal Information that you choose to submit to us.
If you register or associate an account using your Google or LinkedIn accounts,
you consent to us accessing and collecting certain information from your Google
or LinkedIn accounts, including your profile photo, email address, birthday,
education history, and work history.
When you transact or communicate with us or other users we collect certain
information. This information may include:
- information about how, when, and where you use our Services;
- the settings you use on our Services
We also collect information about you from other sources. We may obtain this information from sources
- our business partners;
- third party service providers;
- other users of the services;
- banking or other financial services providers;
- insurance providers; and
- publicly available sources.
Other users of our Services may provide us with feedback about you. We collect and
process this information to improve our Services.
Depending on how you use our Services, we may also collect your geolocation information
using your IP address. Note, however, that if you decline to consent to the collection
of your geolocation, you may not be able to access our full Services. We collect
geolocation information to help generate default search terms and produce relevant search
results. Also, you should be aware that even if you decline to the collection of your
geolocation information, our Services may still be able to approximate your location
through other information you provide us and information provided to us by other users.
How We Collect Information Through Technological Means
When you use our Services, we may collect information that is automatically sent to us
by your web browser or your device which runs our applications. This information may
include your domain name, and your numerical IP address. We may also collect other
information, such as the type of browser you use, which pages you view, and the files
you request. Additionally, we may also collect other technical and system log information
from you, such as:
- the hardware you use to interact with our Services;
- operating system and version information;
- software you use;
- mobile network information;
- pages you view on our Services;
- your unique device identifier;
- your system activity;
- software debug and crash information; and
- websites or services you visited before using our Services.
We use this information to improve our understanding of how users use our Services
and to improve our Services. The amount of information that is sent to us by technological
means depends on your browser or device and settings you use. Please refer to the
instructions provided by your browser or device if you want to learn more about what
information it sends to Services you use, or how you may change or restrict this.
entity tags, and other similar technological means (collectively, "Cookies") on our Services to help us collection information through technological means.
These technological tools may track or collect information such as: (i) IP address; (ii)
the type of web browser, device, and operating system used; (iii) the pages of the Services
visited; (iv) the URL that referred you to our Services; (v) the aspects of our Services you
use; (vi) your activities on the Services; (vii) information about your device.
- to improve functionality and performance of our Services, including tailoring our Services to
increase relevancy of content displayed to you;
- to provide you with services;
- to facilitate your transactions on the Services;
- to authenticate users of our Services;
- to provide us with insights on how users use our Services and other analytics, such as traffic on
- to remember your settings and preferences;
- to deliver relevant advertisements to you based on your interests, preferences, search terms,
and activities. Cookies also help to avoid delivering the same advertisements to you too many
times and measure the usefulness of advertisements you have been delivered. Information
gathered by Cookies may be shared with third parties, including advertisers. This means that
sometimes you’ll see our Services advertised elsewhere on the internet.
We obtain your consent to our Cookies by providing you with transparent information in our privacy
policy and providing you with the opportunity to make your choice. You have the right to object to
available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked
in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately
and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Please be aware
that if you disable or remove these Cookies some parts of our Services will not work and that when
you revisit our Services your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and
limitations. You can also find out more information about managing, disabling,
and deleting Cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We Use and Disclose Information Collected from You
The information we collect from you may be used by us for the purposes for which it was collected,
which you consent.
For example, we may use and disclose information collected from you to:
- deliver our Services to you;
- register your account on the services;
- verify and authenticate your account information
- supply you with requested products or services;
- send you informational, administrative, or promotional communications;
- communicate with you and to enable other users and our third party business partners and
vertisers (which may include real estate professionals) to communicate with you;
respond to your inquiries;
- match you with other users of the Services;
- help other users locate you and vice versa;
- facilitate your transactions with other users of the Services, including payments;
- provide you with customer support;
- increase the security and safety of our Services and users;
- carry out promotions and contents;
- serve you relevant advertisements and content;
- identify and verify your business or other information
to collect and disburse payments;
- perform analytics on our Services;
- carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent;
- carry out any other purpose permitted or as required by law.
From time to time, we will run advertisements on the Services which advertise the services
of real estate professionals. If you click on any of these advertisements, you will be presented
with the option of sharing your account profile information with the real estate professional
associated with the advertisement. If you approve such disclosure, we will share your
account profile information with that real estate professional. We provide this service
as a convenience for you.
We also combine, analyze, process, and store information we collect from you for the purposes
of facilitating and improving our Services. We may transfer information we collect from you to
third party service providers that assist us with carrying out any of these purposes. We may also
disclose this processed information, in an anonymized form, to our third party business partners.
Additionally, we combine, analyze, process, and store information we collect from your search terms
on the Services and also from questionnaires and surveys you complete. We use this information to
gather market intelligence and may share such information in an anonymized form with our advertisers
and other third party business partners.
Some of the information we collect from you may be shared with third party advertisers.
Some or all of the information we collect may be stored or processed in jurisdictions outside of
Canada. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or
law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to laws in those jurisdictions.
We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information in the event that we merge with or are acquired
by a third party, or as part of the negotiations leading up to such merger or acquisition. We also may
disclose your Personal Information for any other purpose permitted by law or to which you consent.
How We Protect Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We protect your Personal Information
by maintaining physical, organizational and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity
of such Personal Information. Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our
organization who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as necessary for the purposes for
which it was collected or to meet legal requirements. We destroy Personal Information when it is
no longer needed.
Third Party Collection of Information
and/or operated by other parties (such as app developers, third party advertisers or third party
ad servers), even if they use our technology to store or collect data. This includes third parties
that embed our technology in their apps or advertisements to facilitate download tracking or
advertisement serving. We do, however, work with third parties to ensure that you are provided with
the necessary information and are provided with the opportunity to make your choice. The relevant
yourself regarding their collection, storage and sharing practices since they may be different from ours.
Access and Rectification
You have a right to access to your Personal Information and to request a correction to it if you believe
it is inaccurate. If you have submitted Personal Information and would like to have access to it, or if
you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
How to Contact Us
our Privacy Officer Steven Jaffe at 201-388 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5Y 3X2.
Last updated and effective March 2019.